- Please PINGBACK to her at Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities. Or just Kate. And PINGBACK TO A SPECIFIC POST. She won’t see the post otherwise, and she’d like to see it.
- At the very top of this post is the post I did the pingback for – other can copy that to make it easier if you’d like!
- You can choose ten romance fails from ANY media you like: books, movies, anime, manga, T.V shows, or Webtoons. You can even mix them up if you want.
- You can choose funny fails or serious ones; for the serious ones, phrase it humorously. Remember, this is a fun tag! It’s not meant to be serious.
- Mention who’s who in the fails. (I.E, who fails and who is the recipient of the failure). If there isn’t recipient, per se, just state the couple (or non-couple).
- Optional: Rank the failures from least extreme to most extreme.
- 5 failures at LEAST.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person.
I saw Nel doing this Tag and we had so much fun discussing it that I wanted to do mine too. I’m going to work with books, movies and tv-shows romance fails. Let’s begin.
8. Rose and Adrien from The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
If not for the fact that Rose was desperately in love with Dimitri, it would’ve worked. She was sassy enough and he enough of a good bad boy to make things interesting. Not to mention him sticking to the family with dating a dhampir. Boy had genuine feelings and it was hard for me to see them burned. But, as always, the heart wants what it wants. Both Dmitri and Adrian had my effection and I’m glad Adrien got his deserved spin-off and a girl.
7. Scott and Kira from Teen Wolf
This was doomed from the beginning. The lack of chemistry was particularly obvious compared to what Scott and Allison had, no matter how much producers tried to convince us of the sparks.
6. Lydia and Jackson from Teen Wolf
The allure of bad boy is known to any girl, ut come on, enough is enough. The ammount of oral abuse and general lack of any interest can’t be negated by that one dramatic proclamation of love. Especially since after that Jackson disappeared to parts unknown. Good riddance.
5. Buffy and Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Oh yeah, the great big love of Buffy’s life. Gimme a break! All those two ever did was torture each other with their angst, doom and high morality. Then there was that time when he killed Willow’s pet fish. That was just low. I guess by now you figured out I’m a Spuffy shipper.
4. Ellie/Eden and Javier from the Artists Trilogy by Karina Halle
You can say what you want about him being a bad guy, but you can’t deny the chemistry there. It sizzled! And sure, she was only with him to execute her plans of revenge and yet he would still take her if only she would stop being a sanctimonious bitch on her mighty high horse. She wasn’t a good girl by a long shot and I honestly couldn’t understand how she ended up choosing Camden.
3. Kisten and Rachel from The Hollows series by Kim Harrison
That one was heartbreaking. Total and absolute annihilation of any happy feelings for I don’t remember how long. I guess the death of one half of a couple could constitute a failed romance, right? The only reasoning I saw for Kim doing that is to lear the path for Trent and I hated him for it for a long time. But what can you do, it was obvious that Trend and Rachel was the end game, I just wish Kisten was spared from being the casualty.
2. Alex and Izzy from Grey’s Anatomy
Oh but that wasn’t true, was it? I guess the tragectory was set after Danny romance. No matter how hard Alex tried, there was always something between him and Izzy. Even having cancer didn’t stop Izzy from leaving him. And the way she left hammered the last nail in the coffin of their long suffering relationship. Disappearing with cancer without contacting anyone to know if you’re even alive was a bitch move. Turning up months and months later to get all in Alex’s business was even more incredible. I wish Alex would have a decent love interest at last, and I’m not considering Jo as that.
1. Mia and Sebastian from La La Land
It was perfect until the real world knocked on their door. Their undoing was that they were both artists, and as it often is, two artists can’t coexist in the same space for long without tearing each other apart. I’m sure there are exceptions to that rule, but it’s a rule for a reason. It broke my heart to watch Sebastian seeing the flashes of the life they could’ve had, so sad.
I’m tagging Mischenko for this one, because I’m curious what she would come up with. But, of course, anyone can join the fun. The more the merrier ;P